Thursday 5 February 2015

I Am Christian

Who has the authority to  define Christianity other than Christ himself? I believe true followers of Christ represent him in all things. It's not enough to say, "Lord I believe." and than do little to nothing because of it. When we truly accept Christ we will do the works of Christ. Christ exemplified love, therefore if we are truly Christian we will love ALL men. Not to be selective, because Christ wasn't selective. Not to be somebody that puts down others, because Christ never put down others. Christ is love. If we don't love, we are not true Christians. The world today needs more doing and less saying. I believe true Christians don't talk the talk, they walk the walk. People that will take up their cross and follow Christ till the end. I love Christ, I will follow him to the best of my ability. I know I'm not perfect, I'm far from it, but I do know that his grace is sufficient for me to become perfect. If being a Mormon doesn't qualify me as a "Christian" to the world, so be it. When did the worlds opinion matter? Christ knows my heart, he knows me perfectly and he is the true judge. He truly knows those who took upon themselves his name, and lived as he lived. I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I will remain a member for eternity. I have felt the Holy Spirit confirm to me the truthfulness of the gospel and I cannot deny it. I will not deny it! My name is Mitch Wilkes I'm a Mormon, and I am Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment