Friday 27 February 2015

Agency

         You know God loves us so much he's never going to "force" us to do anything. This beautiful gift he has given us is called agency. Agency is the ability to choose right or wrong. We can choose God ie good things that uplift and edify ourselves as well as others, or we can choose the Devil ie captivity, addiction, sin, and death. At first glace you thing wow, these choices are a no brainer. Why would anyone in their right mind ever choose captivity, death, sin, addiction?? I've got a few theories. Yes I've definitely made the wrong choices in my life, when confronted with the two decisions I've more times than I wish to remember I've chosen the wrong. I can completely relate. First I know that the devil is a crafty dude. He's never going to be really obvious with things at first. He works in very subtle ways. One of his favorite things in my opinion is to make things sin seem harmless. If he can make you think that what you're doing is "harmless" or "not a big deal" he will succeed. Sin can never be justified. EVER. So when we start trying to justify our actions because we think they really are harmless we will most likely always  make the wrong choices. Take a step back and look at the world today. What does the "world" tell you is harmless, or "not a big deal?" Second I think Satan is really good when it comes to applying temptation proportionally. He usually starts with the very small things and than once that ball is rolling his influence over you becomes greater. To combat this we need to be aware! The spirit is a great indicator. I was told once that the greatest thing we can accomplish here on earth is to be under the complete influence of the Holy Ghost. I know he will never lead us astray! Before those small things even start he'll help direct us away from them! Think of that blessing. The devil would have no power over you zip, nadda, nothing if we are constantly standing in holy places with the spirit of God.


         Sometimes the right choices aren't necessarily the most "fun" option. You know who wouldn't want to go out and do whatever they wanted and not be accountable for it?? The world has some appealing things to the natural man side of us! I promise you this right now though, you'll never experience true joy in riotous living. Our eternal spirit clings to deity. Our eternal maker designed true happiness only through him! Now if you don't believe me that's fine. I can really only state my opinion right? I will however invite you to try it out. Experience it for yourself. Commit yourself 100% and see how you can change your life for the better! You get out only what you put into it! God speed brothers and sisters!!


Elder Mitch Wilkes

No comments:

Post a Comment